Group counseling is a type of psychotherapy that involves meeting with a group of individuals who all face similar concerns. Rachele’s guided group sessions involve sharing your experiences and listening to others’ experiences. The goal of group counseling is to provide a supportive environment to discuss problems and concerns and to work toward your goals.
Benefits of Group Counseling
- You are not alone. Groups provide support and make you realize that other people experience similar challenges. You are not as different or alone as you think.
- Groups provide a sounding board. Groups can offer a different perspective. Receive support and share your wisdom.
- Groups can propel you forward. Hearing from others on how they’ve overcome can be encouraging. Listening and learning from every member’s perspective provides members with greater insight into your personal growth and development.
- Groups promote social skills. While it is common for people to feel anxious prior to attending their first group, most feel relieved and more comfortable as the sessions progress. Remember, it takes time to feel comfortable speaking up in a group, adjust to group norms, and experience the benefits of group. It is important that you share at your own pace.
- Groups teach you about yourself. Groups can be a way of uncovering the areas that may be blocking your ability to overcome your issues.
CURRENT GROUPS OFFERED:
- DIVORCE CARE FOR WOMEN
- ANXIETY GROUP FOR TEENS (FEMALE GROUP–ages 15-18)
- SOCIAL ANXIETY GROUP FOR TEENS (MALE GROUP–ages 14-17)